Globally we deliver over 320,000 authentic, world-class meals every day, these meals are dished up by our portfolio of brands - dnata, Alpha Flight Group, Alpha LSG and En Route. Working to stringent deadlines and exacting standards, we take pride in every smile our dishes evoke - a trait recognized by numerous airlines around the world. Over the years we have been awarded best caterer by a wide number of airlines and are driven by a desire to deliver for our customers, and their customers, every day.
We are excited to be opening our 64th dedicated catering unit in Vancouver, Canada. Our Vancouver start-up is a unique opportunity to be part of a new team that will help us write the next chapter of our success story!
Why join dnata?
- Be part of a small start-up team, with great opportunity for growth
- Be part of a global award winning group
- Medical, Dental & Vision Cover
- Additional co-contributions towards your retirement fund
- Paid annual vacation
- Over-time premiums
- Free daily meal
Reporting to the Executive Head Chef, our sous chefs will be responsible preparing food as well as supervising production in their assigned area, insuring food is produced in accordance with the customer specifications, quality and food safety standards. As well as:
- Assist with the training, induction and development of the kitchen employees.
- Insure that the preparation and presentation of food is of the highest standards, consistently.
- Insure all foods are prepared in line with the production schedule and are ready for delivery within the agreed time frames
- Support the Executive Head Chef with customer/client food presentations as and when required
- Conduct regular food sampling with the Quality department to ensure all food prepared is in compliance with Quality Assurance standard
- Assist the Executive Head Chef with the development of recipes and menus for airline and other customers.
- Act as the 2IC to the Executive Head Chef and assume their responsibilities during periods of absence
- Control wastage and to help maintain food costs in line with budget
- To ensure that the correct ingredients are used as specified by detailed recipe to ensure quality is upheld
at all times.
- This role involves shift work (days/afternoons/nights), weekends and holidays. Overtime maybe required based on operational and seasonal needs.
- This role involves working in a cold environment
Applicants must have:
- Food Safe Certificate.
- A culinary degree or cooking certification
- Red Seal certification is an advantage
- Be able to handle meat products; fish, beef, pork, poultry and other food products
- Follow food specifications and menu guidelines
- Good English skills: verbal, written and reading
- Able to work in a cold environment
- As a minimum, basic computer skills (MS office suite, Work, Excel & Outlook)
- Be able to work overtime when required
- Airline catering, or large volume experience an asset.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: