Globally we deliver over 320,000 authentic, world-class meals every day, these meals are dished up by our portfolio of brands - dnata, Alpha Flight Group, Alpha LSG and En Route. Working to stringent deadlines and exacting standards, we take pride in every smile our dishes evoke - a trait recognized by numerous airlines around the world. Over the years we have been awarded best caterer by a wide number of airlines and are driven by a desire to deliver for our customers, and their customers, every day.
Why join dnata?
- Be part of a small start-up team, with great opportunity for growth
- Be part of a global award winning group
- Medical, Dental & Vision Cover
- Additional co-contributions towards your retirement fund
- Paid annual vacation
- Over-time premiums
- Free daily meal
The Cook will be responsible for managing all aspects of food preparation and production in an environment that meets sanitation guidelines. The duties can range from preparing ingredients to be cooked, to maintaining temperature and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) logs as required; and maintains appropriate dating, labeling, and rotation of all food items.
- Prepare Mise-en-place.
- Prepare food items in accurate and standard portion and quantities.
- Prepare meals as directed and according to recipe, menu specification and expected standard.
- Attend to any last minute additional meal order or menu changes due to flight delay.
- Ensure all prepared foods are properly labeled with Day Sticker.
- Ensure meals are prepared according to Work Order timings and are blast chilled accordingly.
- Ensure personal and food hygiene practices are followed accordingly to standards set by Quality Assurance Department.
- Help to maintain general cleanliness in the Kitchen area and as well as the equipment for Kitchen use.
- Observe and practice safety rules and regulations.
- Ensure food temperatures are within standard limits.
- Provide training, supervise and assign job to junior staff.
- Ensure meals are prepared according to specifications.
- Minimize wastage during food preparation.
- Inform immediate superior if any equipment or utensils are damaged or not working.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by immediate superior
Qualifications/ skills/ experience / knowledge:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Culinary certification or degree from a culinary school preferred
- Minimum 3 years food service or restaurant experience required
- Familiarity with general kitchen equipment and appliances
- Strong working knowledge of food preparation techniques, cooking methods, and safety and sanitation practices