Globally we deliver over 320,000 authentic, world-class meals every day, these meals are dished up by our portfolio of brands - dnata, Alpha Flight Group, Alpha LSG and En Route. Working to stringent deadlines and exacting standards, we take pride in every smile our dishes evoke - a trait recognized by numerous airlines around the world. Over the years we have been awarded best caterer by a wide number of airlines and are driven by a desire to deliver for our customers, and their customers, every day.
We are excited to be opening our 64th dedicated catering unit in Vancouver, Canada. Our Vancouver start-up is a unique opportunity to be part of a new team that will help us write the next chapter of our success story!
Why join dnata?
- Be part of a small start-up team, with great opportunity for growth
- Be part of a global award winning group
- Medical, Dental & Vision Cover
- Additional co-contributions towards your retirement fund
- Paid annual vacation
- Over-time premiums
- Free daily meal
As a front-line supervisor, the Production Supervisor will lead employees in production processes, streamlining workflow, and logistics to meet or exceed reschedules, quality standards, and set expectations. The Operations Production will be responsible for planning and directing all catering activities that support dnata Catering objectives.
- Evaluate daily operations requirements and ensure the appropriate scheduling of resources.
- Monitor inventory levels; identify and implement cost reduction activities.
- Promote and ensure all health and safety standards and ensure all established operating procedures are followed for all department functions and processes.
- Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met
- Encourage, train and correct staff as required in a professional manner
- Maintain workplace safety standards, including proper storage/handling of hazardous waste materials.
- Provide direct, daily supervision of department employees.
- Ensure all loss prevention standards are implemented, manages daily cash office inventory and cashier tracking, tracking sheets, dnata Catering procedures
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Resolve issues that may arise, including catering requests, complaints and supply shortages
- Maintain specified inventory and order merchandise
- Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Arrange for the training of new sales staff and monitor and report on performance
- Ensure the visual standards an image of the kitchen is maintained, such as store displays, signage and cleanliness. Work within role and perform duties as required and directed.
Qualifications/ skills/ experience / knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree; study in food science or equivalent professional qualification
- 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Health, safety and food hygiene certificates / Food Safe certification
- Previous experience in food production in in airline catering, hotels, restaurants or any other food industry field or experience in supervisory role is preferred
- Previous experience in a catering industry is highly advantageous